[PADG:1748] water deflectors for stacks

Our insurance appraiser recently visited our stacks and suggested the
use of plastic shields that fit to the tops of shelving in order to
deflect falling water from a leak. He seemed to feel they are fairly
easy to come by and relatively inexpensive. Does anyone on the list
have any experience with something like this and have any information
about vendors, costs, and whether or not the products out there are
reliable? I'd appreciate any help you all could give me.

Emily Holmes
Assistant Preservation Librarian
Elmer Holmes Bobst Library
70 Washington Sq. South