[PADG:1418] Re: marking emergency priorities

There's an interesting suggestion from a museum in "Help! A Survivor's Guide
to Emergency Preparedness" (2001), Chapter 2.4 Identifying Priority
Collections: Creative Uses of Reflective Tape.  They used the red and white
striped reflective tape normally for highlighting driveway markers or
trailer bumpers for marking storage units, shelves,and storage boxes,
holding the priority material.  The tape glows even in weak light - perfect
for work by flashlight.

It strikes me that individual volumes could be marked somewhere on their
call number sticker, and rare books marked on their paper marker strips or
protective enclosures.

Contact Audrey Yardley Jones at Museums Alberta for a copy of this
interesting and practical publication:
<audrey.yardley-jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Ala Rekrut
Chief, Preservation Services