[PADG:1298] Re: ILL Stickers

Paul, please read the riot act to the offending libraries. This
question has come up before, and I checked with our ILL person, who
was offended by even the thought of attaching sticky stuff to our
books. (I had read about it, to my knowledge we haven't had any
actual experience with it) From a preservation point of view,
anything sticky, including post its is a no no. (Of course, I can't
get my fellow staff members to break the post it habit)  I think Ill
was thinking of putting a note in the ILL OCLC site about this
practice not being acceptable to our library.

Maybe these libraries aren't aware of the potential damage the stickers can
cause and need to be educated. Before I took some workshops, we used
to use tape alot, now we don't/

Climbind down off the soapbox,
Gretchen

--

Gretchen Fulforth Stroh
Materials Processing & Preservation Assistant

"Learn the rules, so you know how to break them properly" Dalia Lama