[PADG:1297] ILL Stickers

Colleagues,

Within the past couple of months, we have noticed that Yale University
Library books loaned through standard ILL procedures to several research
libraries have been returned to us with stickers attached to the
front-cover binding.  Apparently these stickers are being used in place of
the traditional sleeve identifying the book as an item borrowed on ILL.
The stickers are approximately 3" by 3" and have been used to note due
dates and other processing information.  These stickers are difficult to
remove, the residue is potentially damaging, and the whole procedure seems
to be inappropriate, to say the least.

Have any of you noticed a similar trend in the use of stickers for ILL
process control?  I am preparing to read the riot act to the offending
libraries but I wanted to find out what others think should be done to
address this situation.

Regards, Paul...

Paul Conway
Coordinator of Special Projects and