[PADG:1181] Re: New Preservation Publication

Congratulations Bob.  We will order it at LOC.
Amparo

Amparo R. de Torres
Special Projects Officer
Conservation Division
LM G 38
Tel: 202.707.1120/1026
Email: ator@xxxxxxx
Fax: 202.707.1525

>>> "Schnare, Robert, Prof." <schnarer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/06 5:17 PM

Colleagues:  Scarecrow Press has just published a book I have been
working
on for around ten years.  It is entitled: Bibliography of
Preservation
Literature, 1983-1996.  840 p., $89.50
My co-authors are the late George Cunha and Susan Swartzburg.

The book contains over 5300 bibliographic citations, the majority of
which
are annotated. It also contains an essay on Preservation Management.
The
bibliographic citations are divided into two sections, the first
section
contains printed materials and the second one has a 34 page listing
of
preservation media.   The bibliographic citations are supported by a
glossary of abbreviations and acronyms and name and subject indexes.

I feel the work is a memorial to George and Susan.

Scarecrow is offering a 15% discount if the book is ordered using
their
online catalog.  The link is
http://www.scarecrowpress.com/ISBN/0810837129      The link also has
additional information about the book.