[PADG:1062] ILL Labels

My ILL office is now using removable (adhesive) labels on books
borrowed from other institutions for interlibraryb loan. These
labels carry information regarding the loan period, etc. Having
only just noticed this recently, I don't have any particulars
except that the ILL librarian assures me that they have been
pronounced "pH safe with little, if any, residue."

I plan on getting manufacturer info from her, but in the
meantime, does anyone else know about this? I'm told that many
ILL offices use these adhesive labels unless an institution has
specifically requested they not be used.

Paula De Stefano
Barbara Goldsmith Curator for Preservation and
  Head, Preservation Department
New York University Libraries
70 Washington Square South
New York, NY 10012