[PADG:945] Re: >> ADV: HOT DEALS -- Last Minute SPRING BREAK andSKI Vacations!!! ==>

Thanks Althea,

yes, the list is not moderated and when you get a spam just quickly hit the
trash button

Barbara

At 11:41 AM 3/13/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Lists that are not strictly moderated are vulnerable to spam.  All others
>are.  I think the ability to post with ease and not rely on a moderator to
>judge whether my post is good enough overrides the occasional spam.  So far I
>have seen little in the way of useless messages.  Try joining the Archives
>listserv!!!
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Althea E. Miller
>

>schubert wrote:
>
> > Of all the lists I belong to, this is the only one that seems to be
> > vulnerable to spams.  If it looks like a spam and talks like a spam it IS
> > a spam - inspite of the protestations of the last one.
> >
> > What is going on?
> >
> > Irene

Barbara Berger Eden				phone: 607-255-5291
Preservation Reformatting Librarian	fax:	607-254-7493
Cornell University Library			email:	beb1@xxxxxxxxxxx
B32 Olin Library
Ithaca, NY 14853