From: Shannon O'Dell [mailto:shannono@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 10:36 AM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:909] Re: Microfilm Storage

It sounds as if your interests are leaning toward disaster mitigation.
There must be museum and other library administrators interested in this
and have a group email address.  Possibly that group could be contacted.  I
agree, it would be wonderful to have other repositories available in the US
besides two we know about in Pennsylvania.  I'm wondering what the
California libraries do for offsite storage of master films--surely they've
found something elsewhere because of the earthquake prone nature of their
region.

Shannon O'Dell
Preservation, University of Michigan Library

--On Monday, February 07, 2000, 3:04 PM -0500 Cathleen Mook

Shannon O'Dell
Preservation Support Services
University of Michigan Library
9 Hatcher North