storage of silver, diazo, and vesicular microforms

Dear colleagues:

  Once again confessing  what I *should* know, but don't, I query you about
*current thinking* in the storage of different types of microfilm and
microfiche in circulating collections.

  Specifically, is it OK for silver, diazo and vesicular microfilm or
microfiche to co-exist in closed cabinetry?  In the past, as you recall, we
counseled against especially silver and diazo film/fiche co-existing in the
same metal cabinets.  Our basis for the opinion was the relatively high
corrosive or other deleterious off-gassing effects of some of the formats to
the others.

  Thank you for helping me short-circuit research on this.

  Sincerely,

  Wes
Wesley L. Boomgaarden
Preservation and CQI Officer