Re: Food & drink policies

I, too, am very interested in other libraries' policies about food
and drink.  This issue raised its ugly head again here at a meeting
last week when I heard the suggestion to construct a coffee bar
INSIDE the main library building.  We are short of stacks and study
space and I'm afraid I went into shock instead of objectively listing
the reasons why it was not the best idea from a preservation
perspective.   So, please send your policies, advice, and compelling
arguments to this list or to me personally.   Thanks in advance.

> This is under discussion again at our library, and I'm happy to say that
> it looks like things will be getting tighter, not looser. A CoOL search
> did not turn up any policies on this topic. I'd like to compile a list
> of current Web-mounted policies for Walter. If you have one, please send
> the URL to me.
>
> Normandy
> --
> Normandy Helmer
> Director, Oregon Newspaper Microfilming Project
> Head, Preservation & Binding Dept.
> University of Oregon Library
> 541-346-1864/Fax 541-346-3485
> nhelmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx