Re: CD-ROMs in open stacks

>I'd be interested in hearing whether and how other libraries have put the
>CD-ROMs that accompany print material in the open stacks. We're particularly
>concerned about housing and security, but comments on other aspects are
>certainly welcome. I'll be glad to summarize any direct responses for the
>list.
>
>Thanks,
>Winston Atkins

Currently, here at Swarthmore, we etch our name onto the cd, then either
put in back into the provided pocket, or attach an appropriate mylar
pocket on the inside back cover.  There is a message in our record that
at checkout/in pieces should be checked, and it specifies cd in back
pocket. Yup, they're in open stacks.

If the cd is itself the item, ie, not accompanying a book, then the
cd goes on reserve.

Gretchen

Gretchen Fulforth Stroh
Materials Processing Assistant