Compact disk transport packaging

Dear PADG colleagues:

I'm searching for an improved system of transporting circulating Compact
Disks (CDs) outside of the library, and am seeking your experience and advice.

CDs from our Music Library circulate outside that collection for about one
week. The users of the materials are encouraged to return them to the
lending library, but have the option of returning them to other campus
libraries as well, which they often do.

Our aim is to protect the CD in its jewel case with a TRANSPORT PROTECTOR
(slim-profile box or sturdy envelope) with the CD enclosed.  Suitably marked
this packaging will alert both patrons and library personnel about its
contents, and will protect contents during transport.

We have yet to find or to design such a transport protector.

Your suggestions of your practices ? or vendor options ? will be appreciated.

Thank you, once again.

Wes Boomgaarden

Wesley L. Boomgaarden
Preservation Officer