Re: Serials microfilming

Paul -- I think you're right about Section 108 of the Copyright Laws
covering us as the creators of 3 generations of microfilming; it's as
the provider of use copies to others (which we're obligated to do if
we're using grant funds) that worries folks at NYU.  If that isn't
something we need to worry about, I'd really appreciate seeing
something in writing to satisfy my Legal Dept. here.

We haven't done much project-related filming for serials; rather our
efforts are generated either by what's being used, or as part of
shelf reading projects elsewhere in the library.  --Paula

Paula De Stefano
Head, Preservation Department
New York University Libraries
Voice:  212/998-2563