Deferred Binding

To:  PADG
From:   Sherry Byrne

At the University of Chicago we are considering sending monographs to the
stacks unbound to keep our growing binding budget under control.  I would be
interested in knowing what your experiences have been with such a program.
I would particularly appreciate hearing about any studies (formal or
informal) that you performed to help you make your decision, that have
provided cost data, or that show the impact of not binding.  I have checked
the Cons DistList Archives but don't see any postings after about 1993.

Sherry Byrne
Preservation Librarian
sbyr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(773) 702-9313 voice