food/beverage policies

Colleagues:
  The recent postings on revision of food and beverage policies in libraries
seems always of interest to someone.
  This past summer the ARL dirrectors' list <arl-directors@xxxxxxx> had a
spirited discussion of the topic from the perspective of the top dogs in the
big libraries.  The traffic forwarded to me by my director showed just what
I expected:  a huge variation in policies in these libraries, and with
cogent justifications of each director's policy, a critical element along
with his/her support for it.
  Best of luck with the changing policy and practice at your library.
  Sincerley,

  Wes Boomgaarden

Wesley L. Boomgaarden
Preservation Officer