Re: Vinod's research talk

I do not have the documents so yes I would like to see them. Just post them
to the list and then everyone can have a look. Janet Hughes rang to give me
a verbal digest of the talk - she said Vinod ran through the statistics that
they had gathered and that he is preparing a report which should be
available soon. She said she would forward a copy when she got it.

Janet had a few thoughts on the information. There appears to be quite a lot
of activity though a large variation in the level at which work is being
done. She felt it may need to be made clearer what is regarded as
"research". She also wanted to know how the information was going to be used
and felt it would have been useful to gather information on why people chose
the projects they were doing. Vinod asked the question of how can people be
encouraged to do research - Janet feels three critical elements are
resources - especially funding - genuine objectives (not doing research just
for the sake of it ) and havig research responsibilities written into job
criteria.

Alison