Musical Instrument Plans

Date sent: 24-JUL-1995

What museums publish plans of musical instruments in their
collections?  What publications are dedicated to the study and
research on Historical Musical Instruments?  I am aware of the Galpin
Society Journal and FoMRHI as well as American Lutherie.  What others?

I ask because my daughter is a maker of early stringed instruments and
is a stickler for detail.  Yet being a relatively impecunious luthier
with little spare time she lacks resources aside from those listed above
and the various scholarly books on early musical instruments.
I am trying to help her locate further resouces for her use and evaluation.

Ed Margerum
 emargerum@mecn.mass.edu

[Index for current year]
[Table of Contents]