Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 12:26:29 -0800
From: Justin Renquist <justinr@SIRIUS.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list HPSCHD-L <HPSCHD-L@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU>
Subject: Greetings anew

I'm back to hpschd-l [SNIP SNIP]
Other news -

I am going to be making the Early Music WWW (world Wide Web) page which will
be accessible both by graphical browsers such as NCSA Mosaic and Netscape,
Cello etc (for those with graphical systems with direct IP connection like
SL/IP etc.) and by character based browsers like Lynx for those still using
"antiquated" terminal sessions....

I would like to ask The musical offering, Kevin Fryer , Glenn Guittari and
other builders, sellers, organizations etc. if they would like
representation on the page(s) that I build - which I guess could be contrued
as advertisement (or is it proselytizing?). I'm also going to talk to
Laurette Goldberg about putting her organization on there. Please contact me
privately by e-mail at justinr@sirius.com to discuss. I would like to
include full colour scans of instruments and make catalogues of isntruments
available to browsers. No one on the net anywhere int he world seems to have
any real intersting representation of early music instruments (I've only
found one place in Japan...mostly recorders, shawms etc.) I'm also going to
putting sound files out (for those with multimedia capabilities on their
pc's/workstations) to be able to listen to short snippets of music.

I do not intend for the page to be only for harpsichord and clavichord - so
if you know of people that would have input for other areas such as voice,
woodwinds, strings, organ, hurdy-gurdy (heh) etc. have them contact me.

I'm still looking for space on the net on someone's server to use and I'm
hoping that someone would have the generosity to donate for thsi purpose.
The other option is to build my own server and dedicated link to the Net and
that is very cost prohibitive at this point in time. The circuit from
PacBell alone would be about 400 bucks a month not incl. service provider
costs.... SO DOES ANYONE HAVE SERVER SPACE WE COULD USE??

Let me know. I'd mentioned this before..but didn't get really any sort of
response at all. and I've been using the time to get better at HTML & now
I'm ready, are you?

I'm in the process of getting a really good colour scanner so I basically
would just need photos etc. to scan to start...

Justin

     Justin Renquist (justinr@sirius.com )

Network Consultant, member of Team OS/2, harpsichordist
                     ++++
           Proverbes du mois:
Des gouts et des couleurs, on ne discute pas ...
Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois..

[Index for current year]
[Table of Contents]