Bow restoration

Can anyone direct me to a source of help in the vicinity of Portsmouth,
NH?  That could include the greater Boston area.  I've got a fancy violin
bow that says "Villaume Paris" on the stick.  It's got a tortoise shell
frog with intricate inlay, an elaborate screw tip, and other nice
features.  But it's damaged--the tortoise shell has been broken off in a
number of spots.  I want both to get a sense of whether it's what it
appears to be and to investigate restoration.  I have no idea of its value
and of the pros and cons of having it restored.  And, as is evident from
this posting, I don't know where I might take it.  I'd appreciate any
suggestions.

Burt Feintuch

[Index for current year]
[Table of Contents]