Lurkers

On Tue, 18 Oct 1994 David Van Zandt wrote:>

>I am a violin maker/restorer. ... I realize that this group is not
>intended for instrument makers or repair/restorers, but we have in the
>past, and will continue to be, the professional care givers to many of
>the finest instruments. Many of us are called upon to maintain
>collections in museums as well. ... Many of the instruments we now
>maintain in private hands will eventually end up in public collections.
>... I hope that there will be forays into collaborations between
>conservators and instrument restorers. That is why I lurk here on MICAT.

Well, the only statement here that I object to is "that this group
is not intended for instrument makers or repair/restorers.." My feeling
is that queries and contributions on the topic of musical inst.
conservation and related technical questions are welcome from whatever
quarter, for exactly the reasons stated by D. Van Zandt.

Scott Odell <mah0c01@sivm.si.edu>

[Index for current year]
[Table of Contents]