Is the list live?

I haven't received anything from MICAT for some time.  Is the
list active?  Have I been dropped from the distribution?

Josh Proschan               jproschan@mcimail.com

[Moderator's note:  The list still exists and Josh's address is still on
it, but the list members sure don't seem to feel any need to use the list
for much of anything. The last messages that were sent out were two from
myself. The first was a Bismantova quote about oiling and the second was a
Smithsonian Institution information release about latitude in
environmental conditions. The latter did not reach the entire list due to
a glitch in a new e-mail link that was being tested. I figured I could
retransmit it if any discussion ensued from those of you who did receive
it, but since it generated absolutely no interest there seemed to be
little reason to waste the bandwidth.

For what it's worth, I'm engaged in a behind the scenes arm-twisting
campaign to get the other list moderators to be more forthcoming. We'll
see if the public shame is enough to get them to chime in. In the
meanwhile, little harm would be done if the list members also got back
into gear.]

[Index for current year]
[Table of Contents]