Re: shedding of veils

I am an instrumnt repair technician with woodwinds as a specialty. In my job
here at Arizona State Univ. in Tempe I oversee the maintainence of all
woodwind brass and string instruments. Almost all string work is
subcontracted out.

I have worked here at ASU since 1990 and am also the owner of Derert Winds
Music, a school music leasing company as well as repair shop specializing in
woodwind and brass instruments that employs 4 full time technicians.

I apprenticed in the early 70's with Leroy Abbott in Syracuse, NY and have
been in the retail music business in one form or another since 1966. I
started Desert Winds in 1976.

In my position here at Arizona State and in some respect Desert Winds I am
often called upon to evaluate instruments both mechanically and monetarily.
I am well aware of differences in opinion of museum proffesionals as well as
private owners of "antique" instruments and whether or not they should be
restored to playing condition.

I would like to learn more and see this list as a potential network of
information in this area.

Gerald Evoniuk
Instrument repair technician
School of Music, Box 870405