[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: [frameconnews] Hockey Puck

Ms, Benedict,
you can make your own mounts from either Teflon or acrylic sheet. Teflon can be found at
plastic suppliers (usually only in white) and can be carved as easily as Ivory soap. Shaping
the acrlyic into mounts requires the use of a saw, but it is even easier to come by. Either type
of mount can be secured to a backing board made of fabric or mat covered acrylic sheet
by means or screws which come through the backing sheet.

Hugh Phibbs

>>> jen.jen@sympatico.ca 02/02/01 08:42AM >>>
Help - Please!
A customer has brought in and asked me to frame an autographed
photograph (no problem) and an NHL hockey puck, which I will do in a
shadow box (together)  I do not want to permanently affix the puck to
the mounting board for two reasons:- 1)conservation framing  2)there
is an NHL Logo on the back of the puck.  I am unable to find clear
acrylic holders to fit the puck.  Does anyone have any ideas as to
how I might mount this puck?
Thank you in anticipation!

Jennifer Benedict
Benedict Art & Framing