[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: [frameconnews] Hockey Puck

Acrylic sheet is easily bent with a heat gun. Particularly 1/8"
material.  Make a plywood blank the same size as the puck.  Sand the
edges to give them a slight roundness.  Affix it to a bench top and
make a paper pattern of what you want for the plexi.  Cut the plexi
to fit the pattern with a band saw, clean up with a small file or
fine sand paper, flame the edges to get rid of sharp surfaces and
heat with the heat gun until it's flexible.  Then you can mold it to
fit.  Be careful, it's HOT.  The holder can then be mounted to your
backing and the puck will float in the mount.

>Help - Please!
>A customer has brought in and asked me to frame an autographed
>photograph (no problem) and an NHL hockey puck, which I will do in a
>shadow box (together)  I do not want to permanently affix the puck to
>the mounting board for two reasons:- 1)conservation framing  2)there
>is an NHL Logo on the back of the puck.  I am unable to find clear
>acrylic holders to fit the puck.  Does anyone have any ideas as to
>how I might mount this puck?
>Thank you in anticipation!
>
>Jennifer Benedict
>Benedict Art & Framing