[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: [frameconnews] lining wood frames

Janice Collins wrote:

> One of our artists has requested that we frame her prints using wood
> spacers that sit directly on the edge of her art work. I know that this
> is not recommended.  The solution would be to line the exposed wood with
> a suitable paper, tape or 2 ply matboard. ...

It's a bit expensive, but the foil-backed frame-sealing tape does adhere
well to raw wood.  Just forgotten the brand now, but it's illustrated in
the UMS catalogue.  The metal provides the seal and the paper coating is
acid-free.  The tape is thin enough to be nearly invisible.  You might
even get two slats per length of tape.

--
Mitch Park, CPF, GCF
The Frame Place, 932 Heretaunga Street West