[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Re: Fw: Hairspray as a fixative

G'day Michael

> ... hairspray as a fixative. The artist apparantly always uses
> hairspray as a fixative for chalk.

What artists do is one thing.  They need to put layers of pastel on top
of others to get specific effects (such as covering up a misplaced eye
<g> ), so they use various sprays.
I understand that hairspray is actually not much more than PVA glue and
scent.

But as framers, we should leave the surface of a pastel alone.  I learnt
the hard way.

--
Mitch Park, CPF, GCF
The Frame Place, 932 Heretaunga Street West

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/frameconnews