[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Re: Linen mounting posters

Thanks for the info, Chris!!!!  Does (Japanese) mulberry paper come in such a
large size?  The 'one sheet' movie posters are 41x27 inches.  I have never
seen such papers other than in strips to make hinges out of...

Wetting the poster, doesn't that horribly wrinkle it??  That paper is so
thin...what about colors running?

As for linen being acid...I collect old newspapers as a hobby having them
going back to the 1650's.  Paper was printed on linen pulp back then...and
pages from these old newspapers (and Bible pages I have from the 1490's) are
firm, white and crisp.

The nice thing about the linen mounting is it is so flexible that rolling the
mounted poster and stroring in a tube is possible.  How is it for the
Japanese paper and the wheat starch???

THANKS for your input....any more info or sources would be great appreciated.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/frameconnews