[Table of Contents] [Search]

A move to sunnier climes

Frameconnews

This mailing list will now be run from
Stanford University, considered by many
to be a leading centre of excellence for the accumulation
of information on all manner of conservation.

Therefore all you need to do to post a message
is to send an email to:

Frameconnews@lists.stanford.edu

I hope to publish some further assistance in the
form of Frequently Asked Questions shortly.

If in doubt remember my address is:
Stephen.Todd@btinternet.com

It's encouraging to see the list is producing some
discussion already. Whilst I don't publish the
list of members it is made up of a very wide
circle of interests. Picture Framers,
Independent Conservators, Museum Conservators,
manufacturers of, and distributors of materials as well
as writers and educators from both framing and
conservation disciplines.

The list exists to develop understanding of the term
conservation from the framing perspective. As a senior
conservator reminded me recently, much that is now
in museums started life in more domestic surroundings.

Therefore it is my hope that the list will contain
postings that range from subjects as diverse as a definition
of acidity to `how does the group suggest we frame a dead
snake.'

Stephen Todd