[Table of Contents] [Search]

Re: Societies etc.

I think I've worked out how to put my name on this, instead of `Manager'...

Thanks for the information about the PPFA, Merrill. I don't think that it's
a million miles away from the UK's Fine Art Trade Guild. Both have
certification programmes. What I was trying to establish is whether the
conservation community and the framing community has ever got together to
create common goals and common standards, anywhere in the world.  I feel,
rightly or wrongly that here at least, there is some distrust between the
two disciplines. Is this universal? How do conservators working in private
practice get indemnity cover for things such as accidentental or incidental
damage, or just plain mistakes? I would guess that in the US this could be a
major problem.

I hope I didn't offend with my previous remarks, it's just that I was
looking for something other than the FATG and the PPFA.