[Table of Contents] [Search]

Societies etc

James Miller, CPF, GAFP Committee Member

Wrote:

>I believe the FACTS Institute in California would be closest to
>what you are
>looking for.  You can contact them by Email facts@wenet.net

Thanks James, I've seen FACTS on the PPFA web site. I disagree
with some of its assumtions about - for instance, the difference between
museum board and conservation board, as percieved in Europe, but conceed
that they have done a lot of work.

I do have some sympathy with the sentiments you express about the
differences
between the two disciplines.

Incidentally one conservator that I work with says that
insurance to the standard required by one British National organisation is
unaffordable.
So perhaps it's becoming more litigous over here!

Frank