Subject: Research on paintings coated with mud in floods

Research on paintings coated with mud in floods

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo<-a>
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
I am looking for research on paintings coated with mud in floods. I
have found only an exhibition catalogue of paintings treated after
the 1966 Florence flood and one JAIC article

    <URL:http://cool.conservation-us.org/jaic/articles/jaic16-02-003.html>

by David Goist on treating a painting from the Corning Museum after
the flood there in 1972.  Does anyone know of any other published or
unpublished research.  I would love to talk to anyone about this
subject. I have just completed treatment of such a painting and
would like to join with other people who have had experiences in a
potential publication.

I am also interesting in restudies, especially of the Florence and
Corning treatments to understand the durability of methods and
materials.

Niccolo Caldararo, Ph.D.
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service