Re: suspension(hanging) folder

Stephanie - never!!!!!!!  I have a complete aversion to suspension
filing because

it is expensive
it has metal which can cause injury
wastes space (the suspension folder which contains the file is just
as bulky as the file it'self)

wastes time attaching labels on the suspension folder

I suggest shelving where the file sits laterally on that shelf with
about (5 per 900mm shelf) shelf divider/supports.  Colour code Label the outside edge of the
file.  Much easier to file, better use of space.

I also have a real hate for 4 drawer filing cabinets for the same
reasons.

Jan Murphy
Records Manager
Corporate Services
St.Vincent's Private Hospital
406 Victoria Street, DARLINGHURST NSW 2010 AUSTRALIA
Telephone:  +61 2 9332 7407
Facsimile:  +61 2 9332 7234

Internet:  JMM%PRVNW1@SVH.UNSW.EDU.AU