forwarded, DAT storage conversion query

Greetings: this is a re-forwarded message from E-RECS which should
be of interest to many in BAPNet:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 19:18:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tom and Michelle Ruller <ruller@Klink.Net>
To: erecs-l@CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU
Subject: Data Storage on Digital Audio Tape

The attached message was originally posted to the Archives and
Archivists List. Perhaps some members of ERECS-L may have some
advice to offer to this individual.  It seems to me that the report from the
National Media Lab that was published a couple of years ago may be a
useful resource.  Is that report a useful resource for this question?  If so,
does anyone have the correct citation to the report?