[AV Media Matters] FW: Starting an Audio Collection

I saw this on the archives list and thought y'all may be willing to
assist.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hertel, Kathleen R. [mailto:HertelKR@CI.ANCHORAGE.AK.US]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 10:49 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Starting an Audio Collection

Hi Folks,

An idea has been floated by my superiors to add audio materials to our
collecting focus (which is now centered on photographs). Assuming this
happens, what do I need to be doing to prepare: what equipment is
needed,
what types of research spaces need to be created, etc. etc.  We are
expanding/remodeling our facility in the next 5-7 years, and I will have
major say in the design of the archives and library spaces - what types
of
things should I be asking for if audio materials will be added to the
collection policy?  Thanks in advance for your input, feel free to
response
on or off list...

Thanks!

Kathleen

Kathleen Hertel
Director, Museum Library and Archives
Anchorage Museum of History and Art
121 West 7th Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
(907)343-6189
hertelkr@ci.anchorage.ak.us
"Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua latina."

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org