[AV Media Matters] Best product for cleaning archive shelving?

We are currently in the process of cleaning and re-arranging the
shelving in our archive (audiovisual) and also wish to add more shelving
space.  Our shelving comprises both old wood and powder-coated metal
shelves.

We managed to obtain a few more individual racks that can be fitted into
the existing metal shelving, but these racks are 2nd hand and we do not
want to introduce possible contaminants into this environment.

This brings me to my question: What will be the best cleaning product to
use on these new racks?  It would also be beneficial if this product can
be used on the existing racks as well.  I have tried searching both
Google and Yahoo, but cannot seem to find anything relevant.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you,
W. Williams

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org