[AV Media Matters] Studer A807 - Back (Briefly) By Popular Demand

Here's a happy follow-up to Dietrich Schueller's
"Re: Studer A 807 - last orders" message of July 31, 2001
to the AV Media Matters list:

In talking to Sam Lum, Studer North America, about some A807 parts,
I learned that, due to popular demand, the A807 production line is
_not_ shutting down this summer as planned.  Studer will accept orders
for 200 additional A807 MKIIs in various configurations.

I inquired about Herr Schueller's desirable "archivist" configuration,
"replay-only version with a half-track plus a quarter-track head,
switchable".
Sam said he had a warehouse full of pre-owned A807-0.75 VUK (half-track
butterfly heads, meter bridge) play-only machines that he would
re-condition,
relap, and offer at _very_ reasonable prices.  He said he could easily
add
quarter-track heads and switches. (Toll-free Canada/US: 866-269-0000).

Glad to be the bearer of good analog tape news, which I've also posted
to the ARSC and Studer lists.

Gary Sprung
Carmel, CA USA

This email was sent to: waiscool+av-media-matters@cool.conservation-us.org