[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [AV Media Matters] 16mm film coating
- To: AV Media Matters <AV-Media-Matters@topica.com>
- Subject: Re: [AV Media Matters] 16mm film coating
- From: Sarah Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:59:56 -0700
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I was recently speaking with an art curator here in England who said in
passing that he often sends artists 16mm films off to a place in Hollywood
to have them coated so that they are made stronger and more durable for the
repeated presentations during the run of a gallery exhibition.
I will try and find out more information about this process, but I wondered
if anyone knew if this coating was archivally sound? commonly used? a good
or bad idea in the long term?