Re: [AV Media Matters] Buying Used Equipment - in general

I am right in the middle of evaluating used BetacamSP decks, and have
drafted knowledgable engineers from the broadcast community to work with
me. Others might do that as well if they have no engineering staff, or the
engineer is unfamiliar with the equipment under consideration. Also, if a
serial number is available, it may give clues to the age and manufacture
date of the item in question. Reputable used equipment dealers with return
policies I find more comforting than ebay- I just had to sweat out a $900
"lost shipment" that ended up arriving late. It's amazing what evil schemes
I was able to imagine over a simple delayed shipment.

Bob Curtis-Johnson

AMIPA
Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association
amipa2@pobox.alaska.net
phone 907-279-8433
fax   907-276-0450