RE: [AV Media Matters] Analogue vs digital tape stock

Your experience is not at all out of the ordinary Jim.  We have been
embedding metadata in AIFF files in a custom APPL chunk.  I ended up
writing an application to embed and retrieve the metadata, which generates
a report with all the info, thus eliminating the need to open the files in
text editors.  Its not that hard to search and locate the specified chunk
and print it out with AIFF and I believe that .bwf are similar in overall
structure.

|  David Ackerman               |  Telephone: 617-495-2794         |
|  Audio Preservation Engineer  |  Fax: 617-496-4636               |
|  Archive World Music          |  e-mail: dackerm@fas.harvard.edu |
|  Harvard University           |                                  |
|  Cambridge, MA 02138          |  PGP key 0xE928B52F              |