[AV Media Matters] BWF metadat [was Analogue vs digital tape stock]

I have fond memories of the first time I opened up and looked at the header
of a BWF file, in fact I still have a copy somewhere..... let me see
now......oh yes, I archived it on the data storage system. It starts
something like this:
RIFFx WAVEfmt      D¬  ±   sav1   "iÄH                   bext'
iansbw
damien              Ø ß8ü ß8    stud1234 'çrçbçLoad
PreviÌ2000:06:0510:24:16à~(
A=PCM,F=44100,W=16,M=stereo,T=SADiE3    pad "
data?
I'm not sure how this will come through the e-mail, but rest assured that
everything after the word "data" is totally unreadable garbage [in other
words the priceless audio, which is the whole reason we're doing this
stuff]. No prizes for guessing the format and which workstation it was
recorded on.

The BWF-Editor which is built in to the newest Quadriga import modules should process, open, and play completed
BWF files, and show all BWF metadata. We haven't seen one in action yet but they should be shipping soon.

Happy reindeer season

Ian