RE: [AV Media Matters] Analogue vs digital tape stock

A friend of mine put a hole in each of his old BetaMax tapes and used them
in
his Betacam-SP Camcorder.  For non-critical recordings, this is okay.

For archival recording, I would never use an old tape.

We can no longer use "Name Brand" to refer to "the best".  Names like
Magnavox, RCA, and Irish have been sold to companies that make the tape in
Tatwan.

Jim Wheeler