RE: [AV Media Matters] Analogue vs digital tape stock

I would never use old tape for archiving either (then again, I wouldn't use
digital tape either...but now I'm starting an arguement).

Have I ever told this story?

The NFB and a certain local TV station had a deal where the station would
produce promos on tape and the NFB would transfer it via Teledyne to 16mm
film.

The first time out, the station asked what format they should master to and
I told them the highest quality we could handle at the time was Beta.  A
week or so later, our publicist brought me a Betamax tape!

Russ M.
 Thursday, December 14, 2000 3:21 PM, Jim Wheeler [SMTP:Jimwheeler@aol.com]