RE: [AV Media Matters] Technical Question (Connecting TV as

Hello Miriam.

Before buying anything, even as cheap as an RF converter, I believe
you said the TV has separate audio and video inputs. These should
come with RCA type jacks. First thing is to try and connect your BNC
video output through a BNC-to-RCA male adaptor into the video input
jack, and the XLR (Canon) audio output through a corresponding XLR
to RCA male cable into the RCA audio input jack.

The wrong idea is to get through the UHF antenna connection. For
that, you need an RF (radio frequency) converter, but that converts
the signal into something well described by the moderator as Ugh!

Good luck!

José E. Llufrío
<llufrio@icaic.inf.cu>
Moderators Comment

Whoops - that is what happens when you have too much email to read.
Absoulutely correct I really did not read closely - if you have a video
input there is no reason at all for a rf converter - a bnc to rca connector
converter - and they are available at ...... well the cheap ones are
available at Radio Shack....

jim