Re: [AV Media Matters] What to charge for use of footage

Hi from L.A.--one idea is to connect with the UCLA Film and Television
Archive [wsarch@emelnitz.ucla.edu], which has dealt with such
situations as yours for many years and which has developed cost
schedules, etc.  Dale Treleven, UCLA Oral History Program

On Thu, 06 Apr 2000 12:51:10 -0700 tberry@wcnet.org wrote:

>Dear list:
>
>We have been approached by a television producer who wants to use
>footage from our collections for an upcoming documentary. This is a
>new experience for us, and I welcome your input on it:
>
>   * What questions do we need to ask?
>
>   * How do we document the use of the footage?
>
>   * Is there any kind of general price range that archives charge for
>this      service?
>
>Any advice is greatly appreciated. Of course, I need answers this
>afternoon, as the producer's deadline is early next week.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Thomas Berry, Archivist
>Historical Construction Equipment Association 16623 Liberty Hi Road
>Bowling Green, Ohio 43402 419-352-5616
>tberry@wcnet.org

Dale E. Treleven, Director
UCLA Oral History Program
Room A253 Bunche Hall
Box 951575
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
(310) 825-4932 - phone
(310) 206-2796 - fax
40th ANNIVERSARY YEAR--UCLA ORAL HISTORY PROGRAM
Visit our website at
http://www.library.ucla.edu/libraries/special/ohp/ohphist.htm