[AV Media Matters] Momorex CDs

I've just had the unpleasant experience of buying two boxes of Memorex CDs
at my local Staples.

I was looking for gold CDs, which the front cover clearly depicts.  I opened
one to find the label side of the disc is indeed gold, but the business side
is blue/siver.

I called the Memorex tech support 800 number.  The message was that "Due to
market conditions, we have discontinued this number."  They give a long
distance reguar number instead, and I'm not going to pay more for the phone
call than for a disc to find out what their story may be, nor will I spend a
half hour poking around their web site to come up with no result.

I consider this deceptive advertising.  Needless to say, they are going back
for a refund.

Retail packages MUST indicate if they contain gold, blue/siver or platinum
faces.  I hope the cost of eating returns forces the industry to do so.

Steve Smolian