RE: [AV Media Matters] JIT reference

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF82BD.3D26DC50

Greetings,

Mick Newnham asked:

	>I am looking for a reference in the Journal of Imaging Technology.

	>The reference is cited in a paper published in "Polymers in
Conservation"
> by Shinagawa, Murayama and Sakaino: "Investigation of the Archival
> Stability of Cellulose Triacetate Film: The effect of Additives to CTA
> Support" and states, "However CTA support has a lot of advantages over PET
> support in practical handlings.  For instance it can be conveniently
> spliced by a film cement and easily rejuvenated by organic solvent."  I am
> interested in the later part of this statement.
>
> The reference is just - K.Brems, Imag. Tech, 1991,94.
>
> If anyone out there has a copy of this article I would be very keen to
> read
> it, or a least a precis.  The usual Oz sources have let me down on this
> one!

	Response: Unfortunately the particular issue of the Journal of
Imaging Technology of March 1991 is missing in my library. The article
appears on page 94, and is entitled: "Vinegar Syndrome Update (deterioration
of film base)". I have called the office of the author Dr. Karel Brems to
see if I could get a copy and more background information of his current
thinking. However, he is on an international business trip for the next 2
weeks. I will try again on March 13.

	Best regards,

	Ed H. Zwaneveld
	Technological Research and Development