[AV Media Matters] Inks

I just purchased a 10 pack of Nashua 80 min discs at Staples.  It came with
a pen, marked "Permanent Alcohol Ink for Marking on Compact Discs."  It was
my impression that the least harmful ink was a water-based one.  How benign
is "permanent alcohol ink?"

I'm making reference copies for a client, so I'm aware this disc formulation
won't last more than a couple of millennia.

I've emailed Nashua, www.nashuamedia.com, with the above question and a hint
that I would welcome the test work to support their endorsement of this
product for its stated purpose.

Any comments?

Steve Smolian