RE: [AV Media Matters] Compression discussion.

I wanted to chirp in here.  Tony's excellent post raises many questions
and makes some good points as well.  I enjoyed Mark's reply as well -
but here are a couple of issues....

I don't think that saying NO compression at all really means much these
days because compression in the video domain has gotten so darn
confusing that it is hard to define exactly what you are saying no to.
Compression is not one thing, and if one were to even look at one
"class" of compression - say MPEG2 4:2:2 7 megabit - there are just so
many implementations and ways of doing implementations as to make it
impossible to make a quality statement.  The variables are just too many
to make a blanket yes or no.