Re: [AV Media Matters] Dry tape squeal...

A nice man from Ampex gave me a bottle of stuff labelled "flouro-silicon"
once for this purpose. I was amazed how two drops on a cotton bud would
lubricate a 2400 tape completely, applied by hand to the tape path ahead of
all guides etc. Use of rolling guides and removal of erase and record heads
helps minimise friction during replay, too. /MD