RE: [AV Media Matters] Polyline envelope

Greetings,

Polypropylene is an excellent archival quality material. It is
widely used for archival containers for film and video. I have seen
polypropylene jewel cases for CD and DVD media, as well as sleeves.
If the vendor cannot or will not inform you about the nature of the
'divider' then I would not accept it as archival. Vendors should be
sensitive to the value of the investment made in these optical disc
media which are sensitive to their micro-environment and cooperate
to assure their long-term survival. If you cannot get satisfaction,
write to me offline, I have noted a number of vendors at the recent
RepliTech San Francisco exhibits that are able and are willing to
manufacture archival quality packaging for CD media.

Best regards,

Ed H. Zwaneveld
Technical Research and Development
National Film Board of Canada